Monday, December 20, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

If there is such thing as a secular Advent carol, that song is it.

Christmas is just around the corner.   My house smells like Christmas.  In my world, that means gingerbread cookies and pine tree.  We always cut down a tree, because I love the smell.  There are some beautiful artificial trees out there, but none that replicate the smell.  I decorated my front windows and door with pine branches.  It smells wonderful.

I would love to be one of those people who could announce to the world that I am ready, but I'd be lying.  I still have presents to make.  I have not done any wrapping yet.  I do not have a fireplace, so I have to choose where to hang the stockings, and I have to hang them.

I am feeling better about my Christmas preparations, as of today, though.  Today I went to confession.  Thank you, dear Lord, for the grace of the sacraments.  I am made new!  I am refreshed!  I am ready to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment